Support Forum - Monitored by DJEP Staff

> Pre-Sales Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No matter what I do, I can't setup outgoing server

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Official Support Staff
Official Support Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEP Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2018 at 8:20pm
OK.
genbr View Drop Down
Valued Customer
Valued Customer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2018 at 3:02pm
I heard back from my website host with the following request. Can you do this?:

Hi Marc, 

The Email provider is still working on the connection issue.
Might you have access to run a telnet request if possible?

telnet mx.hostedemail.com 8025

You may refer to this to run telnet, 
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/38433.windows-10-enabling-telnet-client.aspx

you can try configuring the Email client to run on port 25 for the time being. Meanwhile we will investigate the issue

Does this help?
DJEP Alex View Drop Down
Official Support Staff
Official Support Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEP Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2018 at 3:17pm
We have attempted a connection via port 8025 ... from both DJ Event Planner and the testing server I originally used

Both connections were unsuccessful.

The error message received was: 

SMTP ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)
SMTP connect() failed.

We did not use SSL, and we passed your credentials as per usual.

If you would like to go back to your email provider with this information, it may assist them in diagnosing why they are blocking the connection.

If you would like to pass the "connection" information, this is what we are using:

Host       = "mail.worldsecureemail.com";
Port       = "8025";
SMTPSecure = "none";
SMTPAuth   = true;
Username   = "dj@marcaugenbraum.com";
From       = "dj@marcaugenbraum.com";

We attempted to connect via port 8025 as per my previous response and this was the result.
DJEP Alex View Drop Down
Official Support Staff
Official Support Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEP Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2018 at 3:22pm
When attempting to connect via port 25 using the same details as above .... instead of port 8025.... We receive exactly the same error message from your email provider.

I did notice however, that your response contained an different MX Record to the SMTP URL you are trying to connect to.

Example Link: https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx%3amail.worldsecureemail.com&run=toolpage

This sounds to me like they've given you incorrect SMTP URL details.

If this isn't the case, then I'm afraid the problem is with your email provider and there isn't much more we can do from here.

DJEP Alex View Drop Down
Official Support Staff
Official Support Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEP Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2018 at 3:24pm
The only other option would be to turn OFF external email servers which they currently are .... and setup an SPF record on your domain name.

More information on SPF records can be found by going to SETUP > Emails > FAQ > SPF
We provide the extra "SPF" coding you require to authorize DJ Event Planner to send "as you ... spoofing".

If you're unsure on how to edit or setup your SPF record on your domain, you should contact your domain provider. They can advise you on how to do this. 
genbr View Drop Down
Valued Customer
Valued Customer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 1:48pm
Alex,

I received another response to my inquiry from my email provider. They were asking for the url of the CRM. I assume they mean djfinder.com. Is that correct:

Your case has been escalated to me in the Business Catalyst support team.

Open SrS (our email service provider) has checked the status of 216.86.152.59 and 216.86.152.58 IPs and they have confirmed that these IPs are not blocked for their platform so, the configuration of email account in CRM is not being declined due to IPs.

Send/Receive for dj@marcaugenbraum.com email account is also working fine via webmail and email client so we are certain that email service is active on marcaugenbraum.com domain but in order to investigate the issue with your CRM application we need some additional information.

Open SrS wants to add one of their test emails, to send a message and ultimately, have the CRM application send a confirmation to test emails so that they can definitively determine what the sending IP is, they have confirmed that the IP addresses you've provided are not blocked, so they need to investigate it further. 

If you can obtain the URL where this application is hosted or how can we test this further would be greatly appreciated.

DJEP Alex View Drop Down
Official Support Staff
Official Support Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEP Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2018 at 3:43pm
The domain name is djfinder.com, however this will probably not assist them.

As your email provider is not allowing external web applications to connect via SMTP ( and we've tested on multiple platforms here at DJEP) the advice I would provide to you is.... setup an SPF record instead of setting up your external mail servers credentials.

Without email credentials added to DJEP, you can still send emails, but they may go into spam.
However in order to increase your deliverability, you should setup or adjust an SPF record on your domain.

Based on a quick lookup, it appears your domains DNS records are managed by Abode Business Catalyst.

It also appears you have an SPF record already in place.
v=spf1 mx include:worldsecuresystems.com  ~all

I would recommend changing this to the following:
 v=spf1 mx include:worldsecuresystems.com ip4:216.86.152.59 ip4:216.86.152.58 ~all 

If you're unsure how to do this, I would contact adobe domain support and ask them to do it for you. They should be able to do it fairly quickly
Changes like this can take around 24 to 48 hours to process through completely.

By changing your SPF record, this will basically tell other email clients ( the people you send to ) that DJ Event Planners IP address is authorized to send emails on your behalf, reducing the "Spam" level.
genbr View Drop Down
Valued Customer
Valued Customer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 3:53pm
Alex,

I received this from my email provider:

SPF record has been modified as per the information given by their technical support.

Current SPF record can be viewed using following link: https://www.dnswatch.info/dns/dnslookup?la=en&host=marcaugenbraum.com&type=TXT&submit=Resolve (Notice the record type: TXT which shows the value as suggested by their technical support - v=spf1 mx include:worldsecuresystems.com ip4:216.86.152.59
ip4:216.86.152.58 ~all).

Should that do it? Can you check to make sure they did it correctly?
DJEP Alex View Drop Down
Official Support Staff
Official Support Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEP Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 4:31pm
The SPF record looks good to me.

This means you do not need to enter email credentials and your emails should get a better deliverability now and shouldn't go into the spam folders.

Allow a good 24 to 48 hours to this to take effect.

But it looks like you're all setup now.
genbr View Drop Down
Valued Customer
Valued Customer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genbr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 8:22pm
Whew - that seemed harder than it should have been.

Hey - thanks for all your help and patience! Cheers!
DJEP Support View Drop Down
Official Support Staff
Official Support Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJEP Support Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2018 at 9:01pm
<maintenance post>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12